Below is the content of the Esbjerg Manifest, to be signed by New Energy Coalition on stage during Wind meets Gas on Friday morning.
Esbjerg Manifest Cluster Organisations
North Sea Cluster Collaboration Agreement
Energy Transition Norway, Flux50, Renewable Energy Hamburg, Northern Netherlands Off-shore Wind, New Energy Coalition, Wind & Hydrogen Association WAB e.V., Blauwe Cluster, and Energy Cluster Denmark
have agreed to sign the following declaration
Following the Esbjerg Declaration in 2022, there is a need to gather relevant organisations around innovation and technology development in the North Sea as to support the ambitious goals for European renewable energy from the North Sea, including offshore wind and green hydrogen, contributing to both EU climate neutrality and energy security.
We, partnering Cluster organisations in the North Sea region, see the huge potential for collaborative innovation activities involving companies and knowledge institutions in the North Sea to realise the ambitions for the North Sea as Green Power Plant for Europe.
Therefore, we agree to:
- Foster collaboration between our Cluster members (industry and academia) to solve the needs for collaborative innovation activities in the North Sea and realise the huge market and growth potentials for the North Sea as Green Power Plant for Europe.
- Identify common innovation challenges within renewable energy sources, PTX, CCUS, energy storage technologies, energy infrastructure, energy efficiency and sector coupling among our members and in relation to the North Sea as Green Power Plant for Europe.
- Identify how the collaboration between Clusters can accelerate the energy transition, by developing and commercialise new green energy solutions.
- Explore joint funding opportunities based on our members needs for financing innovation activities around the North Sea as Green Power Plant for Europe.
More specifically we will:
- Participate in one annual collaboration meeting across the signing Cluster partners as to coordinate joint innovation initiatives.
- Organise a yearly international matchmaking event (1:1 matchmaking-meetings between our members e.g., firms, researchers, and others) across the North Sea focusing on the North Sea as Green Power Plant for Europe.
- Make joint consortiums involving our members and develop joint EU-applications for relevant and demand driven innovation activities with the aim of initiating joint renewable innovation projects.